Slay or be slain. Better get to work, Slayer.
Slayers is a tabletop RPG of mercenaries and monster hunters for hire. Kown by locals as Slayers, players wander a haunted city, cursed long ago to expand towards the horizon forever. Slayers help clean out the monsters that infest the alleyways and shadows, and those that the city seems to be manifesting on its own.
Slayers uses a simple 4+ system to create an action filled session that moves quickly. What sets Slayers apart from other RPGs is its emphasis on asymmetrical combat. Each class in the game uses completely different combat mechanics than the others, allowing the players to have an entirely unique experience at the table.
- 8.5" x 5.5" inch, half letter, perfect bound zine, 100 page, color
- PDF zine, and PDF character sheet
- All the rules for Slayers across 100 beautiful full color pages
- New art and layout by Mike Rieman, the graphic designer behind Dust and the Slayers Almanac
- 4 Slayers to choose from to go monster hunting
- 7 Districts with rumors, NPCs, and factions to get your game started
- 3 full Hunts so you can pick up and play without any prep
- Advice for GMs on how to run a game with an asymmetrical twist
- Tons of monsters for you to hunt
Writing and Game Design: Spencer Campbell
Art, Design, & Layout: Mike Rieman
Editing: Will Jobst
Slayers is the winner of the 2021 Indie Groundbreaker Award for Best Rules.